Community Forum For Metal Drilling, Tapping and Beveling
The BDS Community Forum For Metal Drilling, Tapping and Beveling harnesses the power of the internet to teach hands-on skills, like Drilling, Tapping and Beveling used in fabrication. We release instructional content like how-to videos and blogs, as well as hosting a user-led forum to help our users get instant feedback on whatever they need.
The BDS Drilling Community Forum have in short time hundreds of members you can interact with. Some of our members have more than 25 years of experience in drilling and tapping. This Drilling Community Forum is initiated by BDS Maschinen GmbH, Germany.
The BDS Drilling Community Forum is a free and non-commercial initiative to help, spread knowledge and interact with beginners and professionals.
[Solved] M 30 tapping with magnetic drilling machine?
How to tap M30 with magnetic drilling machine?
- Use a magnetic drilling machine with reversible motor (CW/CCW)
- Make a hole of diameter size 26.5 mm diameter. The hole must not be larger or not smaller, must be exactly 26.5 mm.
- After drilling the hole, change the drill bit to M30 machine tap.
- Keep the speed knob at a minimum.
- Keep the troque/power knob at maximum.
- Use cutting paste on the tap. Never use tap without a cutting paste especially for large tap size like M30.
- Start the feed, after the taps come our from the other end of the hole, stop the motor, give reverse feed and remove tap from the upper end of the hole.